Friends of SMEC –PSILL, Inc.
Friends of SMEC– PSILL, Inc. is an independently run parent group available to support local families.
Friends of SMEC Mission
Friends of SMEC– exists to support individuals with developmental disabilities. Individuals are provided services and supports which allow them to be more fully included in their communities, in ways which are meaningful to them.
Mark your calendar for March 24, 2017. Friends of SMEC 22nd Annual Benefit Dance. 6:30-11:00PM
Contact us for more information on how you can contribute a gift or place an advertisement in our fundraising programs.
The membership is comprised of volunteers, including family members and friends of students and consumers who receive services from Southeastern Massachusetts Educational Collaborative (SMEC).
For more information call Sherri Tetrault @ 508-9985599 ex 130.
PSILL evolved from an informal parents group which met for informational purposes. They began limited fundraising activities in 1995 and were known as Parents Supporting Students of the Mason Burt School. The name People Supporting Independent Living and Leisure was adopted in November 1996 to more accurately describe the group’s activities and membership. The name has since changed to PSILL- Friends of SMEC.
100% of all funds raised by Friends of SMEC are used to help individuals with developmental disabilities to better access their communities and reach personal goals in employment, education, independent living, self advocacy and self care. Contributions support such programs as:
- Assisting individuals to move into apartments or homes of their own.
- Providing specialized safety equipment to enhance individual safety and independence.
- Providing support in training apartments to provide individuals with a realistic experience of independent living and function as an assessment tool to determine supports and services the individual will require to live in an apartment or home of their own.
- Providing financial support to individuals who lose employment or are faced with unanticipated expenses.
- Providing transportation assistance when public transportation is unavailable or is too costly.
- Purchasing training materials to increase the public’s understanding of the needs and supports for individuals with disabilities.
- Providing support to allow individuals to be more fully included in community, educational, recreational and leisure activities.
- Offering no-interest loans to individuals for start up businesses and helping with winter utility bills.
- Purchasing new furniture and household items for several training locations.
- hosting informative speakers for families and individuals. And much more..
Tax deductible contributions can be mailed to:
PSILL-Friends of SMEC
25 Russells Mills Rd
Dartmouth, MA 02747
For more informtation about Friends of SMEC, Inc. contact Sherri Tetrault at (508) 998-5599 ex 130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.PSIL-POSTER2